On 4/26/2004 6:27 PM, Roy Huggins wrote:

Okay, the problem seems to be that the toolkit download does not include
msvcrt.lib. It needs to be findable before you run Makefile.PL.

The SDK does not include this file, either. It only has the 64 bit version.

So I got a copy of the libs, headers, etc from VC98 and tried compiling
against that. It worked!

Hmm, looking at this toolkit for the first time...

In the lib directory there is a libc.lib which is probably what is wanted (it looks to have the correct exports). Problem there would be MakeMaker and/or Config.pm. I'd backup Config.pm, replace all occurences of 'msvcrt.lib' with 'libc.lib', run 'perl Makefile.PL' again and see what comes up. Of course you'd still have the problem that your linking against a different version of the c runtime library than what perl is linked to.

Anyone running the full version of VS 2003? What is the name of the C runtime libs? If it has changed, this needs to be changed in the perl sources and may (but shouldn't) require changes in MakeMaker & Module::Build.

Randy.

PS: What's up with Microsoft? Free commandline compiler. Standard library names. OpenSource software up on SourceForge (WiX). I wonder what evil plan their cooking up?