[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello guys ,

I am struggling to understand a small problem that I have with arrays.

[snip]

The  only difference between this two pieces of code is that in one case
I call Uidl without parameters and in the other case with a mail message
number.

In the first case in the for each I get only the UIDL ( some strange
unique number ) and in the second case I get also a number in front of
that UIDL .

This is only a guess (educated), based on my assumption that your $mailAcc is a POP3Client object.

The UIDL() method returns
- without params, and array of UIDL's for all available messages
- with a param, just the server response, which is in the format
        "message_number uidl"

I find that's a silly thing to do, and it conflicts with the documented behaviour, so you may want to take that up with the Mail::POP3Client developer.

If we suppose that UIDL is abcd then in the first case I get abcd and in
the second case I get 1 abcd. Do any of you has any ideea how can I get
rid of the 1 and space from the second case ( even better if someone can
tell me what is in fact the difference ).

In the mean time, you could do $uidl =~ s/^\d+\s+//; This will strip the leading number, but would leave regular uidls intact.

Rhesa