I'll go one further, and I was looking at this earlier today and
couldn't get anything to EnumAllObjects or GetActiveObjects (not knowing
this thread was here) and tried to get an active instance of IE in quite
the same way without any luck.

I do remember being able to do this 6 months to a year ago but so much
has changed since then..  :)

As well, the EnumAllObjects test code that is in the OLE.html docs do
not work and is NOT limited to InternetExplorer.Application and doesn't
seem to work for Excel.Application also, so I would assume that this is
a wider spread problem than 1 or 2 COM objects -- I looked at DCOMCNFG
just in case it was a perms problem.

use Win32::OLE;
$Count = Win32::OLE->EnumAllObjects(sub {
    my $Object = shift;
    my $Class = Win32::OLE->QueryObjectType($Object);
    printf "# Object=%s Class=%s\n", $Object, $Class;
});

But of course, I can create either of these objects in my context..  It
seems that the Running Object Table is out of my grasp now (but maybe my
guess as to what the problem is -- ROT -- is wrong).  :(

W2K3, all Service Patches and IE patches.

Steven

my $IEWin = Win32::OLE->GetActiveObject("InternetExplorer.Application");
my $IEDoc = $IEWin->{Document};
while (defined $IEDoc) {
    print "Quitting IE\n";
    $IEWin->Quit();
    sleep(1);
    $IEWin =
Win32::OLE->GetActiveObject("InternetExplorer.Application");
    $IEDoc = $IEWin->{Document};
}
print "Done.";