Kamphuys, ing. K.G. (Koen) wrote:
Hi all,

I found this thread in the archives:

http://www.mail-archive.com/perl-win32-users@listserv1.activestate.com/msg00
371.html

unfortunately it didn't clue to a solution.

Running perl 5.008 and module version 4.29 (apparent to the $VERSION value
in the module) I get the same error (Can't locate
auto/Image/Magick/Resize.al in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib
C:/Perl/site/lib .) at test2.pl line 4) and indeed the file is not present
on the given location neither mentioned in the packlist.  Can't find it in
any distribution of PerlMagick or Imagemagick either.

I don't think the file exists anywhere at all. When perl realises that it doesn't know what 'Resize' is, it goes looking to see if it's in the Resize.al file. When it can't find that file, it decides to complain about that, rather than complain about the real problem - which is simply that it doesn't understand 'Resize'.

This works... so it looks like everything is installed OK:

use warnings; # always
use Image::Magick;
$image = Image::Magick->new;
$image->Set(size=>'100x100');
$image->ReadImage('xc:white');
$image->Set('pixel[49,49]'=>'red');
$filename = 'e:\tmp\test.gif';
$image->Write(filename=>$filename);

This doesn't:

use warnings; # always
use Image::Magick;
$image = Image::Magick->new;
$image -> Read (filename=>'e:\tmp\stats\stats.jpg');
$image -> Resize (width=>138, height=>92);
$image -> Write (filename=>'e:\tmp\stats\stats2.jpg');

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well .... it's documented at http://www.imagemagick.org/www/perl.html - and it certainly exists and works on my version (5.26). My guess is that there's no Resize method with the ImageMagick version that you have. Best to update to a later version of ImageMagick (and Perl, too :-)

The following ran fine for me:

use warnings;
use Image::Magick;

$im = Image::Magick->new(size=>'384x256');
$im -> Resize (width=>148, height=>92);
print "DONE\n";

Cheers,
Rob