----- Original Message -----
From: "$Bill Luebkert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Sisyphus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "perl-win32-users" <perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: [OT] Spam to list

> Sisyphus wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Whenever I reply to this list I receive a message from
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the following subject:
> >
> > Symantec Mail Security detected that you sent a message containing
> > prohibited content that is considered spam - please call email recipient.
> >
> > The body of the email reads something like:
> >
> > Subject of the message: Re: More on Re: Windows DLL - Perl Interface
> > Recipient of the message: "Perl-Win32-Users@listserv.ActiveState.com"
> > <Perl-Win32-Users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
> >
> > Does anybody else receive these gems ? Anyone know what's (likely to be)
> > going on ? It's only mail to this list that generates the spam notification.
> > I don't know if I will receive it when I *start* a thread on this list ....
> > but I'm about to find out.

Yep - I still get that notification.

> Obviously they don't like Aussies.

Hmmm ... I didn't think there were any Kiwis on this list.

> If that's not it, must be that M$ crap you're using to post with.

Quite possibly - this post is being sent using Net::SMTP. Hopefully it won't
include the offending headers.

> If that's not it, I recommend bumping [EMAIL PROTECTED] from the Win32 list.

I'll second that.

> If that doesn't help, quit posting to the list.

Aaah .... you're too kind. Some would say "Even if it *does* help, quit posting
to the list anyway."

> If that doesn't get it, email your posts to me and I'll forward them to the
> list.

Now *that* would be fun (for both of us :-)

> If that doesn't work, pray - but I'm sure that won't help.

Never helped before - but then I've never tried it before...

Cheers,
Rob