Hi Bill,

I'm very sorry, but I have to use Lotus Notes here for my mail,
which our Corporate IT doesn't seem to be able to configure
to simply get '>' quoted mail reply to work. So, sorry for my
posting style. I'd love to have it the way you want it...

Regarding the OOO replies - I tried it out, with the 4 I got, when
I posted to the list this morning. I didn't get additional OOO replies.
This is because normal OOO replyers only reply once to each sender.

Regards,
Gerhard

|---------+------------------------------------------------->
|         |                                                 |
|         |                                                 |
|         |                                                 |
|         |                                                 |
|         |                                                 |
|         |    "$Bill Luebkert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      |
|         |                                                 |
|         |    Sent by:                                     |
|         |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |    .com                                         |
|         |                                                 |
|         |    2005-04-04 10:09 AM                          |
|---------+------------------------------------------------->

<perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>

Gerhard Petrowitsch wrote:

> I completely support $Bill's suggestion.
>
> But we could also try to attack the problem at it's root,
> i.e. the lazy oof-replyers. (I say 'lazy' because it must
> be possible to configure an oof reply to whom it responds
> or better, to whom it doesn't).
>
> If we spam them back with a
> 'thank you - a mailing list doesn't care that you're oof!'
> they might the next time be more careful in setting up
> their oof-reply.

I appreciate your support, but not your posting etiquette.   You
top-posted and didn't remove extraneous text/sig - not to mention
those big header boxes you added.

As far as sending a nasty email back to the OOO'r, we'll just get
another OOO message back - so that's a waste of time unless we
set the reply-to to /dev/nul or some such (maybe we can set the
reply-to to the posters email address and see if we can put him
in a loop ;).

PS: Not sure why I used OOF instead of OOO - I think OOO is more
correct.

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]