Jeff, why not get permission from the govt?

Hugh

On 6/10/05, jeff griffiths <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:18:10AM -0400, Charles Maier wrote:
> I am having some problems getting hold of and installing Crypt::Ssleay.
> I found the Winnipeg repository has the module and Activestate does
> not!! When I try to ppm install the Winnipeg module.. It tells me "No
> suitable installation target found for Crypt::Ssleay"

Which version of ActivePerl are you using?

This package is for 5.8.x:

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/Crypt-SSLeay.ppd

This package is for 5.6.x:

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/Crypt-SSLeay.ppd

> Why is it missing from Activestate??

ActiveState can't export strong Crypto; as a business we require
permission from the Canadian Government to do this.

> Has anyone successfully installed it? Any special needs??

The packages run some clever script that downloads and installs the SSL
.dlls for you. Besides that, it 'just works'.

cheers, JeffG