----- Original Message -----
From: "Irmawaty Nugroh Nugroho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 4:02 AM
Subject: upgrading www::mechanize

> Hi monks, My current www::mechanize is version 0.72 because I installed it
using ppm. I am wanting to upgrade it so I can use some function such as
"select", "URI" to do more stuff... How can I do this properly?

> I tried to use "upgrade" on ppm prompt, but it has taken minutes and still
processing and has not shown me the available upgrades.

> Please kindly advise me

It's pure perl, so you could install from CPAN source (
http://search.cpan.org ) using nmake.

You can get nmake15.exe from either :
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/nmake15.exe or :
http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc15/Patch/1.52/W95/EN-US/Nmake15.exe

Just run the downloaded executable to install nmake to the location of your
choice and make sure that location is in your system's path.

Then unpack the CPAN source tarball, cd to the folder that contains the
unpacked files and run 'perl Makefile.PL' and 'nmake test'. If you're happy
with the 'nmake test' results, run 'nmake install'. Looks like ActiveState
don't have a ppm of the latest WWW::Mechanize because one of the tests
failed or hanged. If the same happens for you, the choice is either to fix
the problem, or just install it anyway and hope that the problem  is not
going to affect the things that you want to do. (Sometimes test failures
arise from bugs in the test scripts, rather than bugs in the module being
tested.)

Cheers,
Rob