[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> What is the easiest method to detect whether or not a directory
> exists? I will need to create the directory/subdirectory if it is not
> already present. The file test -d does not seem to do the trick. Is
> there a quick and low-overhead method of doing this without actually
> trying to open the directory first?
        When you say -d does not work, why do you say that? Are you sure you
are pointing to the right directory holding the directory you are looking for?
You may need the whole name if you have not done a chdir.  I use if ( ! -d
<dir> ) { create dirctory} in a number of scripts.

Wags ;)

> Dirk Bremer - Senior Systems Engineer - ESS/AMS - NISC Lake St. Louis
> MO - USA Central Time Zone
> 636-755-2652 fax 636-755-2503
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> www.nisc.coop

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to FedEx Freight or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.