You don't need to use LWP::UserAgent directly to access SOAP services. SOAP::Lite probably uses it internally, and you only need to focus on the SOAP::Lite methods.

You need to explain your difficulties in using SOAP::Lite. My recommendation is that you turn on debugging, so that you can see the SOAP envelope generated. Be sure you've read the section on Interoperability -> Microsoft's .NET.

Paul wrote:
Below is how I was able to use a .NET web service
using LWP perl module with the GET method. How can I
use the same web service using SOAP?
I think I need to use SOAP::Lite module but I couldn't
make it work. Can anybody help?

# Create a user agent object
  use LWP::UserAgent;
  $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
  $ua->agent("MyApp/0.1 ");

  # Create a request
  my $req = HTTP::Request->new(GET =>
"http://my.com/wservices/Slib.asmx/MAT_DES?mode=DEV&ID=28912";);
$req->content_type('application/x-www-form-urlencoded');
  $req->content('match=www&errors=0');

             # Pass request to the user agent and get
a response back
  my $res = $ua->request($req);

  open (FP, ">C:/temp/mm.xml");
                 # Check the outcome of the response