David Ressler wrote:
I have a printer for a POS application (an Epson TM-T88II for the record) that I
need to drive from a Perl script running under CGI. The printer runs OK as a
Generic/Text printer on Serial Port 1 under Windows 2000 (and I assume Windows
XP). Do I need to work through a driver? Can I drive it directly through the
serial port? Where do I look for information that I can use? Any particular
modules I should start with? Do I need detailed info about this particular
printer, or is there "generic" info about driving text-only printers?
The last time I handled POS printers on Perl, it's just treating it as a simple text-based printer. The same should apply to your instance. But if it does auto-cutting as well, you have to feed those commands into the serial port.
The Win32::SerialPort module should help you.

Thanks.