David Ressler wrote:
Thanks for the start.

I managed to get Win32::SerialPort to wake up the printer but it's printing
gibberish. I'm setting it to the same baud rate, etc., as the (functioning)
"Generic / Text" printer that I set up using the Windows "Add Printer".

Do you have any code snippits that would suggest things to try? The
documentation has way too much information for me to comprehend. I'm using the
module in another application to drive a modem and it works fine with only two
lines of code. Is this more complicated?
Check your parity and bit length. There is a DIP switch that determines whether it's 8-bit or 7, even parity or odd. Maybe you can post your working code for the community to inspect.