On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Yekhande, Seema (MLITS) wrote:

> Actually Regex is taking more time instead of agrep. That's why the idea
> of using either agrep or find.

What's the difference? Several times? Twice? A bit? I haven't been paying
attention, so pardon if I missed something. For each invocation of the
script, are you executing the expression only a few times, or a lot? If
it's multiple times, does the search expression change or is it the same-
can you use the /o quantifier to avoid recompiling it? How about Perl's
grep?

> This is small input.txt which I am using it as a input file.
> If there is any other way of increasing the speed of same Perl script,
> it is really required.
>
> Thanks,
> Seema.

 --Nelson R. Pardee, Support Analyst, Information Technology & Services--
 --Syracuse University, 211 Machinery Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244-1260    --
 --(315) 443-1079         [EMAIL PROTECTED]                             --