What part of the process isn't working?  There's no telling where the error
is if a blank output file is the only clue.   Put debugging code in ur
script so u can see what's going on at each step.  Show us the output from
below with and without changing the slashes.

Gerardo Carvallo Velasco wrote:
>> I should copy a file from winXP (local) to a Linux server.
>> When I select the file to be copied from a form it appear with the
>> this format: c:\path\file
>> in my script I try to change the "\" for "/" using the following
>> instruction:
>> sub uploadFile{
>>   $file = $data{'our_file'};

        print "\$file is $file\n";

>>   $file =s/\\/\//g;

        print "\$file is now $file\n";

>>   $target = "C:/myfiles/documents/drcarvallo/TargetFile.txt";
>>   unlink $target if(-e $target);
>>   open(FILE,"<$file");

        or die "can't open $file for reading\n";

>>   open(FILE1, ">>$TargetFile") || &show_error("$filepath:  Can't open
>> because ($!).");
>>   while (<FILE>){
>>     $line = $_;
>>     chomp($line);

        print "read in line $line\n";

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede malis"

00000100