Hi Jan,

You're abolutely right - I forgot I had changed the name I was using to set
Sheet1.  I changed to a shorter length and it's running perfect.

Thanks much.

Dave Kazatsky
Senior Middleware Engineer
NSE - Solutions Engineering
W. (732) 893-4351
C. (973) 865-8106

             "Jan Dubois"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED],
             08/10/2007 02:22          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             PM                        te.com
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: win32::ole (excel) question

The first sheet name is never changed from “Sheet1” to begin with because
you are trying to set it to a name with 37 characters. The maximum sheet
name length in Excel is 31 characters.

It would be nice if Excel returned an error if you try to assign an invalid
name, but it doesn’t appear to do so.

Cheers,
-Jan