This would be rsync over FTP not the standard rysnc over SSH to
interface the ActiveState repository.  Did you make any changes for this
difference?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Sisyphus
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 9:05 AM
To: 'perl-win32-users'
Subject: rsync for Win32

Hi,
On the face of it, the topic of this post has little (if anything) to do

with perl.

But, afaict from 'perldoc perlhack', if I want to stay in touch with the

current perl developments I need to be able to download the latest
source by
running:

rsync -avz rsync://public.activestate.com/perl-current/

Only problem is .. I'm having trouble finding a Windows version of
'rsync'
that's capable of succesfully running that command. Any advice ?

I've asked about this on both perlmonks and the cygwin mailing list ...
perhaps a solution will turn up in (at least) one of those places,
though it
has not so far.

I couldn't find a Cygwin version of rsync under Cygwin's Setup.exe
(though
it wouldn't surprise me if such a beast existred) and the 2 windows
executables that I've tried (rsync-wrap.exe and rsync.exe both croak on
the
command).

Cheers,
Rob