From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Raven
Sent: Monday, 18. August 2008 2:40 PM
To: perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: RE: WIN32::OLE help

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Neson Maxmelbin (RBEI/EMT4)
Sent: 18 August 2008 09:40
To: Steve Howard (PFE); perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com

> Hello Steve,
>
> It does work and my machine shows the same values for minimise and
maximise ..
> But what does these value depend on ?
>
> I checked in another machine and the maximise value is -4137 ...
>
> Where do i find the constants declared for these ?

They are declared by the module that you have already included, i.e.
Win32::OLE::Const. See the documentation for that module (you should
probably have done that before using it in your code). However, as I am
feeling generous, try either:

use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel';
print "xlMaximized: ", xlMaximized, "\n";
print "xlMinimized: ", xlMinimized, "\n";
print "xlNormal: ", xlNormal, "\n";

... or if you don't want to polute your main namespace so much try this:

use Win32::OLE::Const;
my $consts = Win32::OLE::Const->Load('Microsoft Excel');
print "xlMaximized: $consts->{xlMaximized}\n";
print "xlMinimized: $consts->{xlMinimized}\n";
print "xlNormal: $consts->{xlNormal}\n";

To find the constant names, or anything to do with using OLE on such
applications, it is useful to read the relevant parts of the Visual
Basic Reference for that application, under the help menu. Another
damned useful tool is the OLE browser kindly provided with the
Activestate documentation. I found the constant names mentioned above in
both.

HTH

--
Brian Raven

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system.
Thank you. NYSE Group, Inc.