Hi ,

indeed it was a Problem with Libraries on an odd network.

A novel Server had been exchanged a few weeks ago (and no one told me so)
and I had a  .dll  written years ago and stored it on the network-drive
(... so this seems not to be a good place for Libraries !!  ).

This dll has nothing to do with my actual skript but my REGISTRY
still had the entries refering to that no more existing drive under the
pathes
        HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\...
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\TypeLib\....
So when using Win32::OLE::Const  in my skript,  perl tried to find the
drive which did not exist anymore.

I detected the problem whith a simple NETSTAT.EXE in a dos-shell while
perl was running slow and netstat told
me SYN_GESENDET instead of HERGESTELLT for that specific drive,.... after
asking our EDV-Team,
they remembered suddenly having being removing that server....(hm...)

May be someone else can avoid the same anger when reading this.

Cheers
Armin

Armin Nolte
Database-Marketing
Deutsche Behindertenhilfe -
Aktion Mensch e.V.
Heinemannstr. 36
53175 Bonn
Tel.: 0228-2092-233
Fax: 0228-2092-222
www.aktion-mensch.de

"Jan Dubois" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gesendet von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
06.09.2008 01:23

An
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
<perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Kopie

Thema
RE: perl starts very slow using WIN32::OLE

I suspect that some of your type libraries are stored on a network share
and not local. This may make reading the library rather slow.

You may want to use a tool like Process Monitor (from Sysinternals, now
Microsoft) to see which files are being accessed by the Perl process
during this call.

Cheers,
-Jan