----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Raven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 11:33 PM
Subject: RE: Run perl on window using cygwin+Eclipse+EPIC

> Sisyphus <> wrote:

Yes, you're right.

> If that were the case I would expect the error message
> to be something like "find: fred: No such file or directory". That it
> starts "sh:" suggests that is coming from the shell, or something
> pretending to be the shell. What I find puzzling is that if the shell
> could not find the find executable, I would expect to see something like
> "sh: find: command not found".

Perhaps with the 'sh find' command, 'sh' expects to find a script called
'find'. When it fails to find that script (since no file named 'find'
exists), it then complains "No such file or directory".

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~
$ sh find
sh: /usr/bin/find: No such file or directory

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~
$ sh find.exe
/usr/bin/find.exe: /usr/bin/find.exe: cannot execute binary file

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~

Even that confuses me - because of the "/usr/bin/" prefixing that's
happening.

But Cygwin *always* confuses me ... which is the reason that I avoid it
wherever possible.

Cheers,
Rob