On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Spencer Chase wrote:
> I have been having computer problems with updates and had to do system
> restore etc after which my Komodo does not run any scripts that use
> the file browsing method of the following. If I "compile" the script
> into an exe with PerlApp they all work fine. Running in the debugger
> in Komodo, clicking the button in this sample terminates the script
> instead of opening the file browser. This has happened at a most
> unfortunate time, just prior to a demonstration. I can hard code
> sample files and avoid the browser but I really need to get this
> working again ASAP. I have no idea what options or environment
> variables might have changed. Re-installing Komodo has not fixed the
> problem. If there is a more appropriate forum, please suggest one.

I have no idea why the file browsing dialogs stopped working correctly
on your machines. The fact that the programs work when they are
PerlAppified may be due to PerlApp always requesting the XP style of
common dialogs. You can get the same effect for regular Perl by storing
the attached perl.exe.manifest file in your C:\Perl\bin directory right
next to perl.exe itself.

Not sure if it will work, but if you are desperate it may be
worth a try. :)

Cheers,
-Jan