From: Perl Perl [mailto:perl.solut...@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 July 2009 14:37
To: Brian Raven
Cc: perl-win32-users@listserv.activestate.com
Subject: Re: CPAN install directory usage

> Hi Brian Raven,
>
>              I don't know by which way my system admin has install the
module. Here my task is to use that
> module in my script. I forgot to add one more thing in the last mail.
> I have received a mail saying TK.pm is installed in below path. But I
am not getting how to use the same at
> Windows side.
> Please find the given path as well for your kind reference.
>

>     The Tk package is installed in the vob release of perl.
>
> Please check the following path: /vobs/vob_verif/tools/Perl/lib/Tk.pm
>
> The way to run a perl script on windows is to open up a command prompt
and a view and call perl by:

> V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif\tools\Perl\bin\perl
>
> You can use Tk by running a script with use Tk.pm, it will work.
>

> I have changed my sript with the given path ( By different means), but
still getting the error, please find the > script and error as below.

> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
> use lib 'V:/vobs/vob_verif/tools/Perl/lib/Tk.pm';
>
> #use lib 'V:/vobs/vob_verif/tools/Perl/lib';
>
> #use lib '/vobs/vob_verif/tools/Perl/lib/Tk.pm';
>
> #use lib '/vobs/vob_verif/tools/Perl/lib';
>
> use FindBin qw($RealBin);
>
> use Tk;
>
> Error Message :
>

> V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif>v:\view_MAIN\vob_verif\tools\Perl\bin\perl.exe
Test.pl
> Can't locate Tk/Event.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/vobs/vob_verif/tools/Perl/lib
> v:/view_MAIN/vob_verif/tools/Perl/site/lib
v:/view_MAIN/vob_verif/tools/Perl/lib .) at
> v:/view_MAIN/vob_verif/tools/Perl/lib/Tk.pm line 13.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
v:/view_MAIN/vob_verif/tools/Perl/lib/Tk.pm line 13.
> Compilation failed in require at Test.pl line 6.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Test.pl line 6.

You will notice that this is a different error message. It is no longer
complaining that it can't find Tk.pm, but
Tk/Event.pm.

The directory that contains Tk.pm should also contain a directory called
Tk, which contains a lot of modules associated with Tk, including
Tk::Event (Tk/Event.pm). If it doesn't then, then Tk is not properly
installed.

HTH

--
Brian Raven
not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.