> *So, is there a Windows build of the Tk package that has been
> installed there (since you seem to be using both Unix and Windows)?
> And are you using a Perl that handles a lib tree with separation by
> platform for the binaries - AFAIK, ActivePerl doesn't, for example.
> *
> 1) Could please let me know how to find out, Is there a Windows build
> of Tk package that has been installed there?
> 2) *And are you using a Perl that handles a lib tree with separation
> by platform for the binaries - AFAIK, ActivePerl doesn't, for example.*
>             We are using using ActivePerl.
>
> Please find the snapshot of the error, after I received the response
> saying Tk is properly isntalled.
>

> V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif>V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif\tools\Perl\bin\perl.exe
> Test.pl
> Can't locate Tk/Event/IO.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif\tools\Perl\lib
> V:/view_MAIN/vob_verif/tools/Perl/site/lib
> V:/view_MAIN/vob_verif/tools/Perl/lib .) at
> V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif\tools\Perl\lib/Tk/Event.pm line 12.
> Compilation failed in require at
> V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif\tools\Perl\lib/Tk.pm  line 13.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif\tools\Perl\lib/Tk.pm line 13.
> Compilation failed in require at Test.pl line 5.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Test.pl line 5.
>
> V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif>
>
> Here, looks IO.pm is not installed properly, in other terms, Tk is
> partially installed. Am I correct.
>
> Please find the response I recevied from my couleague.
>

> The script works now… Let me know how it goes

Quite clearly, *your* script doesn't work, so I'm inclined to believe
that your colleague isn't that well versed in Perl; Tk evidently is not
correctly installed.

Apparently, the Perl in the vob location is a Windows Perl, and you
claim that it is an ActiveState Perl - ok, great. In principle, assuming
you set your PATH to the bin directory there, a simple 'ppm install Tk'
should suffice. However, it's probably not quite true if you try to do
this through a dynamic ClearCase view, since you run into files being
read-only.

Without really knowing more about how it's set up, creating a snapshot
view, hijacking all files (remove read-only attribute) and then do the
PATH and ppm trick again would work, then do a 'clearviewupdate' to
resolve changes to hijacked and finally a 'cleartool ls -view -s' to
find all added files (so you can add them to CC with mkelem). Just the
very short story...

ken1