With all of this recent discussion about MinGW, I thought I would ask a
question.

To start off by stating that I'm a relative Perl newbie here.  I have no
previous experience with C++, nor of using MinGW.

But from what I've read, if one has ActivePerl 'properly installed,
configureated and integrated' with MinGW, that the idea here is that if such
a configured system attempts to install a Perl module that contains 'xs'
code (requiring a 'c' compiler), that such Perl modules may be successfully
built and installed.

If this is so, I can see how this would be a very desirable Perl
configuration to have.

The problem is that my main computer is not direct connected to the
internet, so I cant issue a 'ppm install MinGW' command.

Does anyone know of a step by step manual installation/configuration
sequence that one may follow to manually install MinGW to an ActivePerl
computer?  In a way where it will be able to install modules that require
'xs' code compilation?  Where I can download all required files from my
internet-connected PC, then copy them to my non-internet-connected PC, and
manually do this installation and configuration.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.