Hello,
I need to resolve a hostname by a specified nameserver. Currently I am
using nslookup throught backticks, but it's output differs slightly
between Windows versions and is hard to parse. I wanted to use Socket
and something like inet_ntoa(inet_aton('hostname')) but this way I have
no option to specify the nameserver to query. I am aware about Net::DNS,
but unfortunately I cannot use it because it's not standard in
ActivePerl 5.10. An ideal solution would be some WMI function, but I
cannot find any for the task. Maybe using Win32::API?

So my question is - how to query a specific nameserver about a DNS 'A'
record?

--
rocku