I don't understand this thread. Active state still has low cost single
user licenses for both Komodo and PDK and upgrades similarly priced.
sure upgrades are now $145 instead of $100 but what hasn't increased in
cost in the past 5 years so? bought a tomato lately?

On 8/24/2010 6:27 AM, Dennis Daupert wrote:
> You might want to have a look at Padre, The Perl IDE:
>
> http://padre.perlide.org/
>
> There are installer binaries that will install both Strawberry
> and Padre. It's completely open source.
>
> best,
>
>   /dennis

> Dennis Daupert, PhD
> Senior Systems Development Professional -- CSC Account
> CSC
>
> GOS | o: 1.317.298.9499 | ddaup...@csc.com | www.csc.com

> delivery.
> NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to
> any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement
> or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such
> purpose.
>

>    From:       David Kaufman<da...@gigawatt.com>
>
>    To:         perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
>
>    Date:       08/23/2010 11:32 PM
>
>    Subject:    Re: ActiveState - how times have changed
>

> Hi Chris,
>
> Wow -- how unbelievably sad! :-(
>
> I've upgraded my PDK licenses 4 or 5 times for under $100.  I guess this
> is ActiveState's way of telling us that they're no longer interested in
> "small time" customers like us any more.
>
> Oh well, this was just the motivation I needed to dive headlong into
> Strawberry Perl and PAR.
>
> -dave

Best regards, Spencer Chase
67550-Bell Springs Rd.
Garberville, CA 95542 Postal service only.
Laytonville, CA 95454 UPS only.
spen...@spencerserolls.com
http://www.spencerserolls.com
(707) 984-8356