Thank you for your comments David.
Well, it will inspire those same developers who are marketing their
own Windows Perl versions with graphical debuggers and they are
willing to help with the setup.  But then I would have to use the
built in http server and yet another program to learn and tweak.

I will likely upgrade, I don't have time to fiddle with an
alternative - I did get an offer of a $50 discount as a long time
customer.  I guess this is what happens when a small startup goes
public and the bean counters take over.