From: "Mary Ustinova" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I've just tryed your receipt (ppm install Tk-JPEG),but no success.
> It worked silently for a half, then after all was finished I found
> only jpeg.pm under Tk. What was wrong ?

maybe nothing :-))
Sometimes an install is just a .pm file.  however you should have gotten a
set of install messages.

> Please,can you explain
> me what exactly PPM is doing (in steps) -
> may be I can reproduce this manually ?

With a slow connection you probably want to download zip files from
ActiveStates directory at
http://www.activestate.com/ppmpackages/5.005/zips/
Then unzip it in a temporary directory locally.  This should give you a .gz
and a .ppd.  From a console box cd to the temp dir and go....
ppm install Tk-JPEG.ppd

    ppm, aside from the download part, mostly just does version checking and
puts .pm and/or .dll files in the right place.  ppm is good magic when its
working well but a bad connection can throw it off.
    I'm not using Tk so can't help more specifically.
good luck,

Rob
http://bangkokwizard.com/
If I don't document something, it's usually either for a good reason,or a
bad reason - Larry Wall

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]