Anyone know what is the max length of a character string?

I am taking an array of about +/-1000 values, passing it to another script
which converts it to an html table and passes it back to the main script.

I get two things: in the CMD window I get an error that "The following
character string is too long: " (but it doesn't tell me which) and then I
get a Dr. Watson window telling me that an application error has occurred
(for CMD.exe not perl).

I am guessing that cmd.exe doesn't like the large value being passed back,
but I'm not sure. It works with smaller arrays, though.

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]