I'm working on an web-based project and I'm facing a challenging situation.

I have been asked to come up with a way to transfer a bunch of files,
located in a certain folder of our client's workstations, to our FTP server,
so we can process them at the end of the business cycle.  The trick here is
that, (my employer) wants this action to occur with NO USER INTERVENTION.
Or limited to a single click, to be more precise.

The client PCs have Perl installed (with libwww) in them (for administration
purposes) and all run WinNT Wks (if is relevant).

I am really not asking people to write the code for me.  But, I'll be honest
here:  I don't have a clue on how to start.  is this possible?  I've never
seeing this sort of thing before:  Where a web browser initiates a transfer
of files, to a foreign server.  Is a client-side PerlScript-embedded HTML
page possible?

Anticipated thanks to you all.

-Carl