Carl Campbell wrote:

> I'm working on an web-based project and I'm facing a challenging situation.
>
> I have been asked to come up with a way to transfer a bunch of files,
> located in a certain folder of our client's workstations, to our FTP server,
> so we can process them at the end of the business cycle.  The trick here is
> that, (my employer) wants this action to occur with NO USER INTERVENTION.
> Or limited to a single click, to be more precise.
>
> The client PCs have Perl installed (with libwww) in them (for administration
> purposes) and all run WinNT Wks (if is relevant).
>
> I am really not asking people to write the code for me.  But, I'll be honest
> here:  I don't have a clue on how to start.  is this possible?  I've never
> seeing this sort of thing before:  Where a web browser initiates a transfer
> of files, to a foreign server.  Is a client-side PerlScript-embedded HTML
> page possible?

You can use either LWP (HTTP/FTP? protocol) or Net::FTP (FTP protocol -
assuming you have a FTP server available on the server) to
transfer the files.

Peruse the docs for LWP or both and re-ask any specific questions you have.
--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert   ICQ=14439852
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles   Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]