Tony Ding wrote:
> Hi all,
>    looking for some help if possible with a project I'm working on,
> I'm trying to put together a perl script that will create a website in IIS on win32
>platform (e.g. NT4 / Win2k). I know that it can be done by using MS ADSI/WSH but want
>to avoid that as the machines we run all have an antivirus scanner that prevents VBS
>running. If I can do the leg work in Perl I can then port/convert to our Linux /
>Solaris boxes as we run Activestate 5.6 on all the boxes. I need to be able to just
>create the website in the metabase - the rest of the admin I'll work on some other
>time :) The request came from all our techies that are getting fed up with creating
>web sites manually. The perl script will run locally on the box and not thru IIS
>itself so no CGI problems.
> Any Ideas ??
> I have to admit I'm not up to speed on the latest win-32 perl libs so hence the
>quesion....

Why not use Apache on Windoze instead of IIS - should make porting easier to
UNIX (assuming Apache server there).

You would want to avoid the Win32 libs if possible (unless they wouldn't be needed
on the code you plan to upload).

--
   ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert   ICQ=162126130
  (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles   Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]