Hi, all:

I am tring to install mod_perl from the src distribution. So I got the src
file from http://perl.apache.org/dist/ and read the install instruction from
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/os/win32/install.html.

After that, I try to build it with MSVC++5.0 & 6.0, both unsuccessfully. The
reaons is:
| select "Build -> Build mod_perl.so" (instruction)
while I can only select "Build -> Build mod_perl.exe

| "Project -> Settings -> [C/C++] -> Category: [Code Generation] ->
|  Use runtime library: [Multithreaded DLL]" (instruction)
while I can't find these settings.

And when I forcefully do a build, the error is:
MAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'mod_perl.mak' not found
Stop.
Error executing NMAKE.

These instructions are all in the the above URL, and in the file
INSTALL.win32 in the src folder after extracted.
I don't know why I can't build a mod_perl.so according to the instructions.

Anyone has the same experience? And any solutions?

thanks,

Regards,
Xu Qiang