At 06:27 PM 9/24/2003, Randy Kobes wrote:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Sean Butler wrote:

> I'm starting to question whether my installation of Crypt::SSLeay worked
> ok.  I tried to install it again, issued the perl Makefile.PL, and then
> issued nmake and get:
>
> \Crypt-SSLeay-0.51>nmake
[ .. ]
> 'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe' : return code '0x1'
> Stop.

You need VC++ to install this module, as it has an xs
component. If this isn't an option, we have a ppm package of
it at http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/, for ActivePerl
8xx, and http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/, for 6xx.
The ppm install should run a post-install script offering to
grab for you the required openssl dlls.

Are there instructions for how to install these ppm packages?

Thanks!
Sean