Peter wrote:
> "All that is to do" is "open" a website,

use WWW::Mechanize;
my $mech = WWW::Mechanize->new();
$mech->get($url);

> enter Login and Password,

# assuming there's one form with only two visible fields:
$mech->set_visible( 'login_name', 'password');

> click on "Login-Button",

$mech->submit;

> wait for new page, click on some link

$mech->follow_link( text_regex => qr/Click Here/i );

> and fill out a form with text-fields and a dropdown menu

$mech->set_visible( "foo", "bar", [ option => "Dropdown_item_3" ]);

> and then click "Send-Button".......

$mech->submit;

> But to use Mechanize I think I'd have to understand programming the
> HTML-code myself or have the source-code.

If you want to fill out only specific fields, then you'll have to do a "View
Source" and look at the name="foo" value for the fields you want to set.
Then you use $mech->set_fields instead of set_visible. But that's not hard.

> Thanks for any help (If you had a piece of code ready somewhere that
> does something similar I'd like to work through that, but
> understanding Mechanize from scrap - oh boy.....)

Yes, it's a long doc but it's easy to understand, once you get how it works.

Hope this helps.

--
Mark Thomas
Internet Systems Architect