Hi all,

There is a new version of the Tk::MARC_Editor available at
http://maplin.gov.mb.ca/pub/util/Tk-MARC_Editor-0.8.tar.gz

It fixes many (most?) of the issues that were brought to my attention -
thanks for banging on it!

There is a more-detailed example application, too... the cleverly named "
tkme2.pl" (Tk MARC Editor 2).

I still haven't dealt with the "what-does-this-fixed-field-position-mean?"
question, nor the idea of being able to use a MARC::Maker format rather than
the MARC::as_formatted format.

Ideally, I'd like to put this up on the CPAN (and erase from all existance
my previous attempt at a Tk-based MARC editor, Tk::MARC, which was built as
a hugely complicated composite widget rather than this much simpler shiney
new derived-from-Tk::Text widget).  Any thoughts on CPAN namespace stuff?  I
don't suspect that anyone is using Tk::MARC... should I rename
Tk::MARC_Editor to that (you can't just use one as a drop-in replacement for
the other, though... so maybe not).

As always, comments are appreciated.  :-)

-David Christensen