> When I process the record above in perl 5.8, MARC::Record version 1.38, and
> Encode.pm version 2.12, the record comes out fine.
>
> When I use perl 5.10, MARC::Record version 2.0.0, and Encode.pm 2.40 the
> record comes out corrupted and MARC::Record will no longer read the result.

I tried it on my WinXP box with Strawberry Perl 5.10.1, MARC::Record 2.0.0
and Encode 2.40 with the script you listed against the file you mentioned. I
got the MARC record output correctly, didn't get any error.

I did get these errors while working with legacy data, and found that
setting the output to binmode utf8 solves the problem. In cases it doesn't,
I do a round-trip conversion using MARCEdit, which solves any remaining
issues and saves lot of time.

Saiful Amin
+91-9343826438