> I am attempting to use some code which depends on Net::OAI::Harvester,
> but my attempts to install OAI::Harvester are running into problems
> with:
>
> Any suggestions for getting this installed properly?  I'm assuming that
> this is a case where a simple "force install" isn't going to get me a
> working installation...

I've used Net::OAI::Harvester on both Ubuntu and Windows XP for my projects.
On XP I've used Strawberry Perl, in which installing using CPAN luckily
worked without any problem. In Ubuntu, I had to install from synaptic when
CPAN failed. If I remember correctly, the command was:
# sudo apt-get install libnet-oai-harvester-perl

It works better than cpan in managing dependencies in my experience.

Regards,
Saiful Amin