On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:04 AM,  Charles P. Hobbs wrote:
>Whenever I try to get it to work, it gives me error messages (it can't find
>the modules, etc.)  I'm not even sure I'm putting the modules in the right
>directory.

After running the installer from ActiveState to get the base Perl installation
working, and PPM for the modules that require it, you can manually install pure
Perl (non-C-reliant) modules in the appropriate hierarchy in:
<C:\Perl\site\lib\>
[if C:\Perl is the name of your Perl installation; change the path before
"\site\lib\" to point to the appropriate base folder on your machine--possibly
Perl64 or some other name]
and then deal with any other requirements of the module (such as databases or
other files created by the Makefile.PL, which may need to be edited to
create/run just those parts, and which often need changes to the paths in the
pl to get them working correctly).

I know that some modules fail to install from PPM (my own MARC::Errorchecks
when one attempts to install after or at the same time as MARC::Lint because
both include MARC::Lint::CodeData--I will likely remove it from Errorchecks in
the next version and then require MARC::Lint to be installed).

I hope this helps,

Bryan Baldus
bryan.bal...@quality-books.com
eij...@cpan.org