[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The impact looks pretty minimal: the patch needs to do a little bit of
extra work in the optree cleanup/optimisation phase, and on method
lookup all the real magic occurs wrapped in a test:
    if ((PL_op->op_flags & OPf_SPECIAL) && ...)
.. which test will succeed only if the pragma has been used.

Umm, personally I'd want to see some real figures before deciding.

The code itself also looks very clean, and I know that there are many
people who'd like to be able to use perl in this way.

Yes, I have wanted to do this sort of thing in the past myself. A question: doesn't this overlap to some degree with what you can do with overload?

p.s. chocolateboy: who he?

--
Alan Burlison