On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 11:49:14PM +0200, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:

> I can't detect any :unique in blead modules.

The only one I know of is our $summary : unique in Config_heavy.pl

> So that's a big plus for removing it (which is already done in fact).
> If it doesn't get replaced, we should deprecate :unique and have it
> emit a warning.

I actually like the idea of :unique. It's just finding a viable way to
implement it may prove more fun.

Then again, if copy on write can be made to work across threads, I guess it
all becomes irrelevant, as with that anything that is not modified is stored
only once.

Nicholas Clark