On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 12:15:08PM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 06:32:46PM +0200, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> > Michael G Schwern wrote:
> > > -Moving::Target->import (foo);
> > > +Moving::Target->import ('foo');
> > >
> > > -::ok (foo eq "foo", "imported foo before EXPORT_OK changed");
> > > +::ok (foo() eq "This is foo", "imported foo before EXPORT_OK changed");
> >
> > I'm not sure you're not changing what is tested here.
>
> Actually I think I fixed it.  The original code had 'sub foo { "foo" }' and
> warnings turned off.  Which means that the bareword foo will always be 'foo'
> whether the function is exported or not.  If the function is exported it
> gets called and returns 'foo'.  If its not exported the bareword is
> interpreted as the string 'foo'.  Same result.  No test.
>
> Nick wrote the original, maybe he could chime in here.

I don't think that my memory goes back that far (on code).
Sounds like a bug. Oops. Well spotted.

(It does go back way further than that on other things. eg I went for a blood
test today. (Results will almost certainly be "we found blood - drink more
coffee")
I think that the last time I had one was almost 20 years ago. It involved
a small cramped hot waiting room at the back at the back of the hospital. That
hospital is gone now. (Flattened in the past 2 years). The woman who sucked
my blood today lives in a flat built on the site.

Choice of reading matter back then:
  http://www.tvtoys.co.uk/products/1732.html
Today:
  http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0471941484.html