On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:11:19AM -1000, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:
> Instead of trying to determine which filesystem your on (is there any
> reasonable way of evening doing that?) why not just test for case
> sensitivity when the module is loaded with a BEGIN block?  Granted this
> is ugly, and granted you would likely only be able to test the file
> system that a dir created by File::Temp::tempdir() lives on, but it
> should be fairly portable.

That's the general idea.  In fact I've just cracked open my old
File::System::Spec idea to do just that sort of probing.

However, this is outside the scope of File::Basename.  Fixing the "operating
system == file system" assumption piecemeal would just cause more problems.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.