On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 03:16:51PM +0300, Stas Bekman wrote:
> will it work w/o needing PERL_SET_CONTEXT(aTHX)?

If we just make the first arg a ptr to an interpreter, then we can leave
it to the caller how they get hold of my_perl.

> Most of the time we won't want perl_clone to do any cloning on it, since
> every new interpreter will want to set an explicit new value. so I'd think
> that perl_clone should always NULL it, no? in which case there is no need
> for a function (besides the identifier to find the entry in the linked
> list).

In that case, your clone function can just set it to null. Other people's
clone functions can do whatever they need.

--
Britain, Britain, Britain! Discovered by Sir Henry Britain in
sixteen-oh-ten. Sold to Germany a year later for a pfennig and the promise