Dave Mitchell wrote:
On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 03:16:51PM +0300, Stas Bekman wrote:

will it work w/o needing PERL_SET_CONTEXT(aTHX)?

If we just make the first arg a ptr to an interpreter, then we can leave
it to the caller how they get hold of my_perl.

+1

Most of the time we won't want perl_clone to do any cloning on it, since every new interpreter will want to set an explicit new value. so I'd think that perl_clone should always NULL it, no? in which case there is no need for a function (besides the identifier to find the entry in the linked list).

In that case, your clone function can just set it to null. Other people's
clone functions can do whatever they need.

+1