    (You may need to build a new perl which supports dynamic loading or has the
    Data::Dumper module statically linked into it.

Now, this is a particularly bad thing for using modules that use Inline - so I
was
wondering if LD_LIBRARY_PATH could somehow be tweaked to override this message,
ie:
adding

    /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i686-linux-64int/auto/Data/Dumper

so that use statement picks up Dumper.so directly rather than using any
DynaLoader
magic.

Either that, or somehow turn on dynamic loading for embedded perls.

Is there an easy way to do this? Digging through Dynaloader, I see that there's
a lot
more going on than simply loading a '.so' file - that through dl_install_xsub
the
'.so' files get mapped to perl subs and registered with perl.

Or is this issue addressed in perl-5.9.2? What would people suggest as an
avenue of
approach for implementing this?

Ed