On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 01:35:48PM -0700, Ed Peschko wrote:
> All,
>
> I noticed that an embedded perl does not allow for dynamic loading - eg. when
> I try to use Data::Dumper, I get -
>
>     Can't load module Data::Dumper, dynamic loading not available in this
> perl.
>     (You may need to build a new perl which supports dynamic loading or has
> the
>     Data::Dumper module statically linked into it.

perlembed.pod discusses this in the "Using Perl modules, which
themselves use C libraries, from your C program".

The solution is simply that you need to statically link DynaLoader to
your perl, and install its bootstrap in your xs_init.

The ExtUtils::Embed module can be used automate writing a xs_init.

--
Benjamin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]>