On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:28:58 -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> I've long considered this a bug.  I'd rather not document it, or
> document it explicitly as a bug.  IMO "finding the end" is
> inconsistent with later processing, and \c\ should be treated as a
> complete character.

Well, I've thought it over a little longer after the prev reply.

If \c\ will be treated as a metacharacter and skipped during
finding the end, as well as \\, then "\c\" will work as "\x1c".
But ambiguity may occur when c's are used as delimiter,
i.e.  qq c...c  for "...".

Doesn't it see whether \c is an escaped delimiter or a part of \c\ ?
How should (qq c\c\c) and (qq c\c\cc) be parsed?

    qq c\c\c  :  "\c\" ("\x1c"), or "cc (not terminated, error) ?
    qq c\c\cc :  "cc", or "\c\"c (superfluous c, error) ?

Regards,
SADAHIRO Tomoyuki