Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
On 7/19/05, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It would probably be better to evaluate the existing POD -> HTML converters
and wrap POD::Html around them, or just leave POD::Html alone and convert
installhtml to use the better module, than to write Yet Another POD -> HTML
Module.

I can think about a couple of points :
* state of the art of html documentation has greatly improved since
the perl 5.000 days. Pod::Html generates obsolete html (old syntax, no
CSS support, etc.)
* Pod::Html is barely usable, making a good pod->html translator now
would mean designing a more complete and probably incompatible
interface.
* People have hacked around the limitations of Pod::Html that were the
most annoying, and probably post-process its output. It's html, they
want eye-candy and stuff that looks like search.cpan.org. OK, that's a
weird backwards-compatibility argument.

In short, my opinion would be to leave Pod::Html alone, fixing the
most obvious bugs, and slowly deprecating it in favor of the next big
thing.

Pod::Html4 anyone? :)

PS. /me discovers that Pod::Xhtml is a module brought to you by the BBC :)

heehee :D