On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 12:59:06PM +0200, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> On 7/24/05, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > More importantly for the purposes of documentation, at least on my system,
> > > I see this:
> >
> > Just because someone else does something poorly doesn't mean we have to,
> > too.
>
> perlfunc says :
>
> =item crypt PLAINTEXT,SALT
>
> Encrypts a string exactly like the crypt(3) function in the C library
>
> And the C function is a wrapper around the libc function. That's one
> of the many C/UNIX legacies that are present in the perl core...

I'm not sure I understand.  Nobody's saying that crypt() isn't or shouldn't
be a wrapper around crypt(3) or that its behavior should change, just that
we don't have to parrot their documentation inadequacies.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Ahh email, my old friend.  Do you know that revenge is a dish that is best