John E. Malmberg wrote:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:

Paul Marquess wrote:

-  $Inc = '-"I[.blib.lib]" -"I[.blib.arch]"';
+  $Inc = '-"I[-.lib]" -"I[-.arch]"';
 }
 elsif ($^O eq 'MSWin32') {
   foreach (@INC)

Is this the layout needed for running these tests when Compress::Zlib is in
the core only? Is the use of blib still valid for the case when C::Z is
built on VMS away from the core?

That's possible, but blib should take care of that IIRC. (non-core builds)

I am kind of new at working on Perl if that was not obvious.

From what I have seen of the other tests, the INC setting when running these tests is usually inherited from the parent, and I have seen the tests use a test when deciding to use blib or not.

I did not know the correct fix, just what I needed to stop the script from failing so soon. The [-.lib] was the only place that I could find the modules. That is also the setting that was passed on the command line to 03examples.t.

Is there really any reason that there is VMS specific code here?

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only